Head Teacher Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates four schools in Tanzania. AKES, T vision is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares student to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire the following position based in Dar es Salaam:
Head Teacher – Primary School Position Summary Company: Aga Khan Education Service Location: ARUSHA Job type: Full-Time Job category: Education Jobs
The Head Teacher will be responsible for the pedagogical and administrative management of the Aga Khan Primary School, Dar es Salaam, provision of high quality education and support the school's positioning as an IB World School of Excellence in Dar es Salaam
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school.
• In consultation with the AKES,T Leadership team, develop annual objectives, school development plan and quality indicators that ensure delivery of a relevant, high quality education.
• School management: to manage the school efficiently and effectively by ensuring compliance in curriculum systems; staff management appraisal; compensation and professional development; students discipline and holistic education; budget and finance; parental & community relations; school operations among others.
• Strengthen the implementation and continued performance and success of the IBO-PYP curriculum and monitor the PYP action plan, enabling the school to become a model school in the implementation of this curriculum.
• Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to meet and maintain authorization requirements for the IBO. Where required, ensure plans for CIS accreditation are developed, tracked and target dates met.
• Ensure systems are in place for tracking individual students and their progress through the school year and through the school, identify areas where students need additional support to ensure "no child is left behind".
• Provide policy guidance on relevant issues regarding AKEST and abide by the code of conduct, Standard and Quality control of AKDN and AKEST.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Education/A post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited university and with qualifications in IB Primary Years Programme Teaching.
• At least five years' experience in international curriculum schools, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system and at least two years as head of a primary school
• Good understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation
• Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students' achievement and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
• Experience in the developing world and in Africa will be highly desirable The Human Resources Manager Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania P.O. Box 125 DAR ES SALAAM Email: firstname.lastname@example.org