RCO – Business Operations and Coordination Analyst at UNDP October, 2021
united nations development programme jobs | jobs undp | bussiness and coordnation analyst job | nafasi za kazi undp | fursa undp | undp job post |
united nations development programme jobs | jobs undp | bussiness and coordnation analyst job | nafasi za kazi undp | fursa undp | undp job post | undp job opportunity
The UN General Assembly has outlined the need for the UN to pursue more cost-efficient support services by reducing the duplication of functions and administrative and transaction costs. The UN’s efficiency agenda includes the following key workstreams for country-level implementation: Business Operations Strategy (BOS), a framework guiding UN business operations at the country level, which reflects all common services that make economic sense to be developed and executed jointly by UN agencies; Common Back Office, a country level service center consisting of a team of dedicated staff who serve all UN agencies and are responsible for the implementation of some or all the common services reflected in the BOS; and Common Premises, entailing increasing co-location of two or more resident UN entities present in a country.
As one of the eight countries to pilot the UN Delivering as One reform, the UN in Tanzania, under the leadership of the UN Resident Coordinator, has in many ways been a forerunner in developing new ways of working together. Tanzania was among the first countries, where a BOS was developed and is now among the first group of countries where a Common Back Office will be rolled out. This is accompanied by new work on Common Premises, which is starting with a comprehensive interagency stocktaking process scheduled to be completed by February 2022.
To support the implementation of the UN’s efficiency agenda in Tanzania and to strengthen the UN Resident Coordinator Office’s (RCO) overall capacity in business operations, the RCO is recruiting a national Business Operations and Coordination Analyst in Tanzania. The position is in the RCO in Dar es Salaam and reports to the RCO’s Team Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the Development & Coordination Officer and the overall guidance of the RCO Team Leader, the Business Operations and Coordination Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support implementation of the UN Busines Operations Strategy (BOS) 2.0, Common Back Office and Common Premises in Tanzania
- Coordinate and support UN interagency processes and tasks related to common business operations
- Coordinate the planning and expenditure tracking of financial resources
- Support implementation of the UN Busines Operations Strategy (BOS) 2.0, Common Back Office and Common Premises in Tanzania:
- Support operationalization of the BOS 2.0, including its monitoring, assessment of achievements and client satisfaction levels, annual review and reporting
- Support the establishment and overall implementation of, as well as monitoring and reporting on the Common Back Office in Tanzania
- Provide substantive support in coordinating UN Common Premises stocktaking, planning, implementation, and reporting across the country
- Liaise with the UN Development Coordination Office and UN agencies in the country on relevant guidelines and processes
- Undertake relevant outreach activities and conduct briefings with UN staff members on relevant issues
- Keep abreast of latest innovations and developments related to the UN’s efficiency agenda
- Identify good practices and lessons learned in the implementation of the UN’s efficiency agenda at the country level
- Coordinate and support UN interagency processes and tasks related to common business operations:
- Serve as the Secretariat of relevant interagency groups and mechanisms, such as the UN Operations Management Team
- Provide expertise and overall technical support to the RCO’s Team Leader on common business operations and operational issues
- Lead and/or support interagency task teams in completion of selected tasks
- In close cooperation with the RCO’s gender, human rights and disability inclusion focal point, support integration of the Agenda 2030’s leave no one behind principle, including disability inclusion and gender equality, into the UN’s operations
- Performs other related duties, as required
- Coordinate the planning and expenditure tracking of financial resources:
- Provide professional expertise and support to the RCO’s management of financial resources
- Exercise proper financial controls, as needed
- Support audits, and review and take corrective action on audit findings, as appropriate
- Any other jobs as assigned
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Technical / Functional Competencies:
Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and Organizing
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field is requiredExperienceAt least 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in operations or financeExperience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages and web-based management systemsLanguage RequirementsFluency in English is requiredOtherExperience working with the UN is a strong assetExperience in coordinating processes involving different stakeholders is an assetDisclaimer
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about RCO rosters
Note: RCO reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with RCO at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 November 2021.