Actuarial Officer at Alliance Life Assurance Ltd November, 2021
life policy administrator jobs at alliance life assurance, nafasi za kazi alliance insurance, ajira alliance insurance, alliance life insurance job opportunity, alliance life insurance jobs vacancy, alliance life insurance jobs november 2021
ALLIANCE LIFE ASSURANCE LIMITED
Career Opportunity: Actuarial Officer
Job title: Life Policy Administrator
Department: Operations Department
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Assistant Technical Manager
Alliance Life Assurance Ltd was established in 2010 as the first locally privately owned Life Insurance Company in Tanzania. The company has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa providing life insurance solutions to both corporate and individuals. Alliance Life is highly rated in leadership, innovation, customer service, and risk management.
The company is looking for experienced Life Insurance Actuarial Officer to join the Team. As an Actuarial Officer, you will be responsible to carry out actuarial operations of the department and support the team in contributing towards the growth of the Business. The Actuarial Officer will report to the Technical Manager and will be based in Dar es Salaam.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with relevant department in the preparation of valuation data
- Perform monthly calculation of the technical reserves using appropriate actuarial methodology Assist in carrying out Pricing, Profit and Sensitivity testing for new or repackaged products
- Review and monitor experience of products to inform decision making.
- Perform experience reviews to inform assumptions used in product pricing and actuarial valuations.
- Assist with review of appropriateness, adequacy and cost efficiency of reinsurance and underwriting arrangements in place
- Perform analysis on industry trends and market to inform decision making on a quarterly basis
- Support with the implementation of the IFRS 17 reporting Standard.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field
- A minimum of 2 completed Professional Actuarial examinations
- Over 3 years’ experience in Insurance Operations with at least 1 year of Actuarial experience
- Good understanding of Insurance principles and practices in Tanzania
- Strong analytical and detailed-oriented aptitude with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions, prescribed methodology, and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent communication, report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills, must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must comply with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Ability to portray high level of integrity and professionalism, including well-groomed appearance.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are confident that you match the above mentioned criteria please send your detailed C.V stating the position in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit your application is 17h00 on Friday, 3rd December 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.