Manager – TB & TB/HIV Service Delivery (1 Post) at MDH DECEMBER 2021
mdh tanzania jobs december 2021, mdh tanzania job opportunities, mdh careers tanzania, mdh tanzania jobs 2021, jobs at mdh tanzania, jobs at mdh, mdh vacancies, nafasi za kazi mdh, mdh jobs 2021, mdh jobs, mdh jobs in tanzania, mdh in tanzania, www.mdh.or.tz
POSITION TITLE: Manager – TB & TB/HIV Service Delivery (1 Post)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam Region
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager Quality Service Delivery
The Manager – TB & TB/HIV Service Delivery will provide technical direction for development and implementation of evidence-based, locally relevant strategies for integrated/comprehensive TB and TB/HIV activities consistent with C3HP HIV
TB results framework. S/he will oversee implementation and reporting of all the project’s TB and TB/HIV 8 activities, working closely with the National TB & Leprosy Program and other key stakeholders. She/He will also provide technical support to other project staff at supported regions, key stakeholders at regional and local government authorities and other partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB and TB& HIV program per national guidelines and donor’s guidance and targets, across all the supported regions.
2. Oversee implementation of key program initiatives – in her/his unit - to address program, donor and national priorities - such as Intensified TB case finding, Ped TB, Community TB, TB/HIV integration, TB Preventive Therapy and TB Infection Control - in line with national guidelines.
3. Forge strong partnership with key government ministries and offices at national, regional and council level, support national efforts and provide TA to relevant ministries, R/CMTs and CHMTs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB and TB/HIV services.
4. Oversee needs assessment, on TB and TB/HIV programs and services and organize efforts to address these needs -; including capacity building and health system strengthening - in collaboration with the project regional teams and R/CHMTs.
5. Oversee and ensure efficient management project expenditure and other resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
6. Work with the project M&EL unit to put in place an efficient system for routine TB and TB/HIV data recording, cleaning, reporting and utilization.
7. Lead efforts to robustly analyse & utilize TB and TB/HIV programmatic data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write required reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
8. Lead efforts to identify gaps in TB and TB/HIV services; design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
9. Implement and manage a robust capacity building program, for TB and TB/HIV services; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines.
10. Supervise program staff under her/him across supported regions.
11. Support and advise the project leadership on all TB and TB/HIV program issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by her/his supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Medical degree (MD or equivalent).
2. Master’s degree Public Health or related discipline preferred.
3. Minimum 8 years’ work experience in TB and/or TB/HIV services including 5 years’ experience with TB and TB/HIV program planning and implementation at the national or regional level working with NGOs.
4. Working knowledge of National TB and Leprosy Control program and donor TB & TB/HIV
policies and and strategies.
5. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
6. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), national TB database, Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the TB and TB/HIV program data.
7. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to travel to implementation regions a minimum of 50% of time