Nutrition Officer Jobs Vacancy at Medical Teams International
human nutrition jobs in tanzania, nutrition jobs tanzania 2021, ajira za human nutrition, medical teams international jobs tanzania, medical teams international tanzania jobs 2021, medical teams tanzania, medical teams international tanzania tenders, medical teams international volunteer, medical teams international review, medical teams international tanzania salary scale, medical teams international tanzania office address
Responsible for coordinating and leading nutrition activities for the health facilities and communities under their supervision. Ensures proper case management and improved nutrition awareness. Directly manages Nutritionist and Food Distributor and provides technical supervision to community health teams related to nutrition.
- Ensure nutrition clinics and community outreach activities are carried out as per facility work plans with emphasis on integration with medical services; Ensure duty rosters are appropriately developed and approved by respective In-Charge
- Ensure malnutrition case screening and growth monitoring is carried out and appropriate corrective actions implemented
- Documents management records on activities under nutrition services; Consolidate data from Nutritionists to prepare reports as per schedule and make data-driven program decisions
- Participate in research activities that contribute to improving community health
- Build capacity of inpatients and caregivers by advising on proper care and nutrition at home
- Carry out home visits to follow up on discharged patients to ensure adherence to advice
- Ensure the security of food and related nutrition supplies, including taking precautions to avoid contamination
- Ensure the kitchen and surrounding environment is hygienic and well maintained
- Ensure that nutrition practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned