Specialist Dc Servers Infrastructure Job Vacancy at NMB Bank PLC December 2021
specialist dc servers infrastructure jobs tanzania, specialist dc servers infrastructure jobs dar es salaam, jobs vacancy nmb bank tanzania, nmb recruitment portal, nafasi za kazi nmb, nmb recruitment portal login, nmb job vacancies 2021, nmb internship, nmb bank tanzania careers
Job Location : Head Office
To plan, organize and drive the evolution of the strategic containerization, virtualization, storage, backup, replication and recovery program that adapts to a rapidly changing business needs while offering key standardized functions across the organization.
- Manages and deliver server infrastructure related projects (Servers, backup and storage systems).
- Develop and Implement effective strategies to improve availability, recoverability, scalability and security on server infrastructure systems (Compute, network and storage--NAS, DAS &SAN nodes).
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify harmful trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the on premise and cloud server infrastructure.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Stay abreast of industry and operational trends and role players and ensure that the bank is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services.
- Perform basic and complex troubleshooting, diagnostic analysis, and replication of technical problems with operating systems and hardware.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the servers' infrastructure space.
- Provide proactive system monitoring, fix incidents and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN and tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Maintain system uptime (both hardware and software level) on network, storage and compute nodes.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain virtualization, storage, security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Develop/write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as monitoring with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems and provide 2nd level support.
- Ensure technical documentation exists i.e. policies, processes and procedures for all compute nodes, backup and storage infrastructure.
- Provide real-time reporting of backup storage consumed and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
- Expert Virtualization technologies knowledge in CI and HCI arena and centralized backup system administration.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Strong Planning and organizing skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Decision, Conceptual and Analytical skills.
- SLA and Vendor Management skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related academic field.
- IT professional certifications in VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV), ITIL, Professional VMware NSX-T Data Center, VMware vSphere with Tanzu Specialist.
- Minimum of three (3) overall years' experience on server infrastructure support.
Experience : 3.0 Year(s)
Job opening date : 24-Dec-2021
Job closing date : 07-Jan-2022