Biomedical Technical Officer Job Vacancy at Rafiki Social Development Organization (Rafiki-SDO)
biomedical technical officer job vacancy 2022 tanzania, biomedical technical officer job vacancy 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania january 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022 january, ajira tanzania 2022, community development jobs in tanzania, social work jobs in tanzania, sdo jobs tanzania january 2022 pdf,sdo jobs opportunity tanzania january 2022 , sdo jobs tanzania january 2022, sdo jobs tanzania january 2022
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Non-profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO has received funding from Fhi360 to implement EpiC project in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council and to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, RAFIKI-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Job Title: Biomedical Technical Officer - (1 POST)
Office location: Shinyanga region
Work station: Shinyanga office
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 8 Months /renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate the implementation of EpiC project activities in Shinyanga MC& Shinyanga DC. S/He will work closely with R/CHMTS, Rafiki-SDO and Fhi360 team to ensure high quality CBHTC+, HIVST, PrEP and index testing services (HIV counseling and testing, family planning services, screening and referral for STIs, gender-based violence, TB, alcohol and drug use, linkages and adherence support for HP care and treatment to clients in their assigned region.
• With the close support from Rafiki-SDO manager and Fhi-360 Biomedical Technical Officer and selected
CHMT members, lead the district team to develop monthly Operational Plans/Route plans and monthly budget
• Proactively participate in the Comprehensive Council Health Plans (CCHP) meetings and ensure
EpiC activities are included in the respective CCHP
• Work with Rafiki-SDO and Fhi360 regional team to develop regional level activities to be included in the EpiC Annual Work plan.
• Liaise with peer educators to map hotspots and develop a directory of all hotspots where beneficiaries are found at the district level
• Conduct weekly review of the list of indexes developed by service providers and ensure all the providers conducting index testing have a useable index list
Coordination and Supervision;
• Liaise with the DMO office to obtain the list of Government and Non-government Nurse Counselors to provide biomedical services at the community level in the respective district
• Organize the training/orientation to selected government and non-government providers to be engaged in EpiC project activities and maintain the list of Service Providers working with EpiC.
• Liaise with DACC and the DMO office to obtain commodities, supplies and government registers for HTS and family planning services
• Supervise the district team and ensure monthly planned activities implemented and all Service Providers are reaching their daily and monthly targets. Provide technical support and mentorship to the team to ensure they meet standard of performance as per the government guidelines and project SOPs
• Work closely with the Biomedical Technical Officer and CHMT members to conduct joint supportive field supervision at the district level and ensure the outcomes of the visits clearly documented and recommendations implemented.
• Jointly work with facility implementing partners at the district level to develop a sound referral network from the community to facility and facility to community to ensure all clients identified at the community level linked to facility and all LTFU clients from the facility are traced and linked back to treatment.
• Liaise with LGA, Implementing Partners and other stakeholders and attend meetings as the representative of EpiC project at the district level.
• Ensure all service providers are properly filling government registers as per the SOPs• Ensure district service providers are reporting their daily performance through agreed channels.• Prepare and submit monthly reports to the LGAs and ensure all the filled registers are kept at the facility level• Participate in biweekly data review meetings with Facility Partners• Develop monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports
• Clinical degree (nurse, physician) with 3 to 5 years in provision of community-based biomedical and demand generation services to KVP and AGYW• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with the public health sector at regional, district and council level and experience working with these teams.• Experience implementing HIV/AIDS programs at community level in Tanzania; familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR-funded programs.• Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and AGYW.• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.• Well-developed computer skills
• At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including for KVP: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).